Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Desk, Bookcase, and the Kitchen Beyond


Desk, Bookcase, and the Kitchen Beyond Originally uploaded by Telstar Logistics


This is a shot of the inside of Jay Shafter's home. It's 100 square feet. My palace will be 2.5 times bigger. Imagine the possibilities...

According to Tumbleweed, the Loring actually has 400 square feet of usuable living space, once you include the loft (which isn't considered inhabitable because of the low ceiling but can certainly hold a bunch of my stuff). And the cost? Jay says that the price to build comes in between $100-200 per square foot. Let's split it and say $150, so...it'll cost approximately $37,650. Not sure if I have to count the loft footage but this is my fantasy, so I'll say no to that.

It will be like Walden, only not in the woods.

2 comments:

Rowena said...

iadorethishttp://prettylittlethings.typepad.com/tiny_house/

Rowena said...

Sorry for my cryptic comment before. I was missing half my keyboard and my space bar. It's back now.

I just want to say that I love tiny houses, too. Cottages and shacks and even motorhomes. and the post that I left before has a link to that woman's tiny little house that she uses as her studio. What a dream!